Sunday, March 15, 2015

Confidence 101

I am not the best to talk about this. I cannot say I am not an insecure person, but I can say that I accept myself. Being happy with one self is difficult, we somehow let other people influence our ideas and so they change often and we want to change ourselves. First, explore yourself and recognize good and bad things about you. Now, this is not what other people think is good and bad about you, it's what YOU think and what YOU know brings problems in your life. Work on the things you don't like so you're happy about yourself and if you can't change it easily, LEARN to accept it. Understand you can't please everyone, there will always be someone talking and you can't prevent that. I do have some "rules" that I try to follow:

1) Do what makes YOU happy
This of course, as long as it's not offensive to other people and you are not harming them.

2) Don't take anything personal.
When you know your virtues and vices what other people think about you is irrelevant. Also, remember beauty is abstract so there is people who think you are gorgeous, beautiful, alright or even ugly but in the end it just a matter of opinions that are all different from each other.

3)Don't make guesses of what other people think
This is something hard for me. I'm always wondering what other people might say or what they're thinking but then I try to control my thoughts by remembering rules one and two, Does it make me happy? probably yes otherwise I wouldn't do it, and does it really matter what they think? most likely no.

4) Do everything with passion
This is just to make everything worth whatever comments it receives. Like we say in marketing "there's no bad publicity"

There really isn't much to confidence, but it really is hard to obtain it. It's important to know confidence starts with the hardest judge of all, YOURSELF. Like I mentioned before is just a matter of accepting who you are and knowing (and not caring) that other people have to deal with the way you are. Also if it's something you know you can change, then DO IT! but do it for yourself not to please other people who might not even be important in your life in a matter of time. Make peace and be good with yourself and everyone else won't matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment